In regular life, the day starts with a bucket load of work with hardly enough time, which so not justifies the health demands.
If you are one of those that have to get ready in record time and go to your office or business because an urgent meeting can’t wait, then you know how little one has in terms of choices. And yet, healthy choices have to be made, as in the case of a poor health, the last thing you would want to do, is to miss out on a valuable meeting. Read more
When humans run out of choices they look up to God for giving them a way to move ahead.
I have always believed that stem cells are the god particle of our human body. And indeed yes, they certainly seem so. You can’t create them, they comes with a once in a lifetime offer. Use it or throw it is up to you. Read more
Having a strong will to tone up your body will surely let you overcome all obstacles and hindrances that come in day to day life.
The best method to tone up one’s body is exercises. If you are exercising regularly there is no chance that your body will ever face any muscular problem or grow flabby.
The world is galore with options for anything and everything. One has a choice even in exercises or choosing a strategy to make one’s body toned. It’s all on your personal preferences which kind of exercises or which kind of strategy you are going to take up after considering your body type and the lifestyle that you lead.
Given below is a 10 point strategy that is wholesome but not limited to tone up the whole body.
Source – olaftan
- First and foremost we need to make sure that we have chosen the right kind of diet for ourselves. It’s the diet that will play a major role in the toning or fattening of our body. Thus a diet rich in proteins and less on fats needs to be incorporated in the daily regimen.
- Once you have your diet in place it’s time to make a schedule for exercises and activities that will add to the beauty of your body. Walking briskly in the morning for at least 45 minutes will give a boost not only to the body but will also tone up your mind for the whole day. If the day can be started with a morning walk trust me you will not have to worry about your health for life.
- If you are unable to wake up for a morning walk due to pressures of modern day life that keep us awake till the late hours of night, don’t loose heart as you can still do a few activities that will have a far reaching effect on your body. Visit a gym whenever you get time and work out under the eyes of a professional trained coach who recognizes your body type and needs.
- Body weight exercises that don’t require any equipment and can be done with the help of the weight of one’s body are a sure shot way of living the dream of a toned body structure. The best thing about these exercises is that they can be done almost everywhere and at anytime.
- People all around the world are swearing by one name while getting their bodies in shape and that’s Yoga. One can get into the best shape with the help of yoga techniques provided you get a good yoga teacher in your vicinity.
- Dancing and swimming are two activities that need to be performed with all your vigor whenever you get time to do so. These activities are not only good fat burners also make your body into one of the fittest ones.
- All the above activities and tasks mentioned above can be done only at home or when you are not at work. But if we are spending a major time of ours at office sitting at our desks then we need to show some activity. Taking the stairs instead of the lift, walking to the coffee machine instead of ordering it at your desk, taking a small stroll after lunch for 5-10 minutes etc are some of the activities that can be done at the workplace if your job is one that involves sitting all day.
- A disciplined life is really necessary if you really need to look and feel good for the rest of your life. If you are exercising make it a routine and follow that routine daily at the same time so that your body knows what’s coming next. This kind of discipline will make your body more adept to do more vigorous and tough activities in the long run.
- One thing that you need to remember here is that you need to give time in between your workout to your body so that it can grow back the muscles that have been torn while exercising. Rest amply after doing exercises or physical activity so that the muscles have enough time and space to return back to their normal shape and size.
- Have small meals at regular intervals, don’t follow the 3 meals a day regimen. Make sure your meals balance your diet and you don’t have any junk food or food that does not add any value to the body.
About the Guest Blogger – Following the steps mentioned above the results you are going to get after three to six months will be a surprise for yourself as your body will be the most toned up body allowing you to flaunt it anywhere and everywhere plus the endurance of your body increases which will surely let you work more without getting fatigued early. Apart from doing all this one can also opt for a program being offered by Somanabolic Muscle Maximizer that has become an instant hit among people looking for a toned body.
There are many blogs posted on health improvement. Some of the blogs will tell you to do exercises more, eat, sleep, and many other methods.
This is true; some things will keep you healthy. However, there are some things or procedures will only destroy your life when you do it too much. This article will mention all the things that will boost your heath and it will tell you what will happen when you over do it.
When someone improves his health, other things will follow like strong immune system, increase of energy, best breathing and many others.
Things that will boost your health.
Source – 8209088@N07
1. Proper night sleep
A good and proper sleep will help your body function well. It is known by us all that a normal man should get at least 7 hours and a maximum of 9 hours of good sleep. However, this will depend on other factors such as age.
2. Eat some fruits
We all know the saying; an apple a day, keeps the doctors away. This saying is true. Specialists suggest that you should eat at least one fruit a day. However, there is a method that will make a huge impact on your body. One is recommended to eat the fruit at least 20 minutes before eating the main dish. When you do this, your body will digest the fruit to gain most nutrients from it.
3. Drink a lot of water
Did you know that about 70% of our body is made of water? Well, we have all heard, or we have been told that one should drink at least 8 glasses of water per day. For those that do not know the functions of water, it helps in hydration of our bodies; the body uses it to remove waste through sweat and urine, circulation of nutrients in the body and many other uses.
4. Make sure that you are relaxed every day
Over working your self is one way to get poor health. It is advisable for someone to take at least 15-20 minutes to relax and calm himself down. This will help you to reduce stress and weight when you combine with other tips more efficiently.
5. After eating, look for some time to relax
After eating, give your body some time to digest the food. Through this method, your body will consume fewer calories and your will enjoy your food more.
6. Eat proper, healthy diet
Eating healthy does not include eating a large quantity of food. Eating healthy is ensuring that you have all the nutrients and vitamins in one course of food or plate. In other words, you should eat different types of foods with different nutrients and vitamins.
7. Exercise a little per day
There are many ways in which a person can exercise himself. One can decide to walk, run, swimming and many other physical activities. When you exercise, you will prevent disease that affects the heart.
8. Eat some foods that have fiber
When it comes to cookies, breads, cakes and any other related foods that are made from wheat and rice, one is advised to eat the ones that have fiber. In most areas, when fiber is in bread or rice, it is called brown bread or rice.
9. Reduce stress
Stress is a huge factor that makes people not to have proper and good health. As you know, we all live in an era where one has to pay a lot of bills that make it a little difficult for one to buy the primary requirements such as food. However, do not let this factor make you have poor health, some specialist say that a certain amount of stress is good for your heath, but when it is too much, you are likely to get poor health. The good stress will motivate you to achieve your goals, boost your self-confidence and esteem.
10. Eat foods that have minimal fat
Fat is not good for someone’s health. The content that it is not good is cholesterol. This cholesterol is not good because it may lead to high blood pressure and in some instant death through heart attack.
11. Eat more products than meat
As you know, red meat is not good for your health when over eaten. For you to boost your health, make sure that you have at least eaten meat for one day in a week, and the rest of the days, eat vegetables. However, if it is a must for you to eat meat, you are advised to replace it with fish.
12. Look for products that are locally grown
When produce are shipped from thousands of miles, they tend to reduce in value, or the nutrients die. Furthermore, the produce is picked early so that they do not spoil on the way: Specialist say that fruits and vegetables that have not ripped on the vine have less nutrient benefits to one’s life.
13. Reduce a lot of chemicals in your body
Some of the known chemicals that affect our bodies are alcohol, smoking and drugs. Yes, when you drink a lot, you are likely to have bad health, and you may suffer from disease. Some of the diseases that one can get are lung cancer, high blood pressure and kidney failure.
14. Relies your emotions
Many of us know that laughter is the best medicine. However, did you know that crying helps too? Well, by crying, one is able to relieve himself of stress which in the long run it will prevent you from getting heart disease, high blood pressure and other related disease that come due to stress. When a person cries, it provides emotional out let that helps someone reduce stress.
15. Keep your head cool at bedtime
When going to bed, one is expected to relax and also gain energy that was lost when doing a particular thing. However, majority do not clear their heads when they go to bed. This makes them get stress and a sleepless night. Thereby, making a person tied when he wakes up the next morning. The results of lack of proper sleep are lack of concentration, headaches, and overall poor health.
All the above tips will help you improve and boost your health. In some of them, it may not be physically seen, but they work. I urge you to try this and experience the difference.
For the past month or so, we kept talking about health benefits of various fruits and vegetables. Am sure you must have eaten some fresh green vegetables, or fresh juicy fruits? But still, eating and chewing might not appeal to many when they can actually drink the same.
Yes, we are talking about Juicing, the easy method of extracting juice from fruits and vegetables and drinking them in peace. While drinking the juice is both tasty and easy, compared to chewing vegetables, the health benefits remains the same, or in some cases gets increased due to the combination.
Following are the health benefits of Juicing.
Source - 51415056@N08
More in less portions – Imagine eating and chewing for an hour, you stomach might get full in the process. However, when it comes to drinking the same vegetable in juice form, it contains at least 5 times more nutrition value compared to it’s whole form. Just drink one glass of carrot juice and you are done for the day.
Kids and their tantrums – Ever tried to feed a kid broccoli? Sounds like an impossible idea for many. However, if you were just to juice it in a mixer grinder and make a small glassful of it, even consuming it yourself will be loads easier.
Cleaning the System – Our body constantly repairs and removes damaged cells. Juicing helps in this process, as there is hardly anything in the vegetable juice to digest, so it gets into the system quickly and clean it.
Lever Detox – You must have heard how detoxification is important to your health. Talking about liver, since it clean blood all the time and juicing enters the blood stream real quick and then gets into the liver and clean it as well. This is an important step as far as self-detoxification is concerned.
It is cheap – Yes, money matters and while you always thought that buying a juicer would cost plenty, you just cannot be further from truth. Vegetables are always cheap, and they are way healthy compared to animal protein. Any vegetable juice is much cheaper compared to meat or fish.
It is quick – Imagine chewing bowl full of vegetables, not tasty for sure and the time it takes is an extra burden. Now if you were to juice, it would just take a few sips and you are done. Some excellent vegetable based Healthy and nutritious food, right down under your throat in a matter of seconds. What else can you ask for?
All nutrition intact – Juicing does not kills the nutrition of the original fruit or vegetable. For example, if you drink carrot juice, the vitamins and minerals that are available in the carrot, goes into the juice. So the juice is pretty much as good as the vegetable itself. However, I must mention that some fiber does get lost in the process, so perhaps not making it really fine; rather keeping some amount of pulp in the juice might be a good idea.
There is not much of a difference between eating the vegetables raw compared to having it juiced, but the question is, will you eat the vegetables raw? For most people, the answer is no, hence juicing is an alternative which is pretty efficient in getting those vegetables into your stomach without much hard work. Also, the same is true for fruit juices. Eating apples raw might seem like a time taking work but having it in juice form not only reduces consumption time but also makes it tasty.
About the Guest Blogger – Guest blogger likes to eat vegetables both raw and in juice form, as jucing has so many health benefits and is easy to make and quick to consume, he recommends juicing for fat loss
Staying active after college is a challenge that catches many graduates off guard. Most college students enjoy flexible schedules and free on-campus gym access, and many even participate in intramural or varsity sports.
In the scramble to find a job, graduates don’t even have time to think about finding a gym until they have committed to a nine-to-five schedule, perhaps with a considerable commute.
So how can you stay active after entering the professional world? There is no one-size-fits-all answer to that question, but at least one of these 15 tips will help you to develop a more healthy routine:
Staying Active After College
Source - inspir8tion
1. The United States government recommends 30 minutes of moderate physical exercise a day, as a minimum measure for maintaining good health. This is a significant commitment, but also a reasonable one. Cutting out one episode of television or a fraction of the time you spend online would probably allow for it.
2. Breathing is one of the human body’s most fundamental activities. This is an exercise you can literally do (and have to do) while you’re sleeping. But there’s breathing and then there’s breathing. Breathe easy with these three basic exercises.
3. Or challenge yourself to breathe more healthfully with these Pranayama yoga advanced breathing techniques.
4. Running is one of the cheapest, healthiest and most exhilarating forms exercise. Commit to this beginning runner’s training program and experience the high.
5. As adults, we often forget that we can achieve exercise by playing even more easily than by working out. Why not get involved with a pickup basketball game in your neighborhood? How about the local kickball league?
6. Set Goals. Staying active is a physical challenge, but it also requires mental discipline. Setting regular, realistic goals will help you to develop and maintain a positive attitude about any physical activity.
7. If you’re looking for a more spiritually engaging workout, or if you just like kicking butt, try a martial art.
8. If you can’t make time for anything else (or if you already have a workout routine but feel stagnant and stiff during the day), just focus on staying active at the office. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Walk to a colleague’s desk to deliver a message instead of emailing. Stretch throughout the day.
9. Recruit a workout buddy. Working out with a friend provides moral support, creates accountability and makes exercise a lot more fun. It also makes some activities safer or more effective (you really can’t bench-press to failure without a spotter).
10. Bike everywhere. You really can’t rationalize your way out of this one. Biking is not only super healthy, it also allows you to move through dense traffic faster than driving, saves money and combats global warming.
11. Calisthenics are time-tested exercises that require no equipment aside your own body. These are great for building strength on a budget and for people too busy to get to the gym.
12. Most men and an increasing number of women would like to see more muscle when they look in the mirror. A consistent power-lifting routine will produce serious results.
13. Or forget about the gym. Get in touch with nature, and yourself. Call up a friend and go hiking.
14. Or if you’re a more musical type, why not go dancing? Instead of letting exercise become a chore, make it a romantic or social activity. You would be amazed how many calories shaking your booty can burn.
15. What is the one exercise all able-bodied people already perform every day without fail? The exercise infants learn even before they can speak? Walking is as good for you as running, easier on the joints and a normal part of your routine. Set aside a little extra time, and enjoy getting into shape without straining yourself.
If you’re looking for ways to stay active and kick off your young professional career on a healthy foot, try out one, some or all of the above tips. It’s never to early to start good habits!
About the Guest blogger – Sarah Fudin currently works in community relations for University of Southern California Rossier School of Education’s online master’s programs. USC Rossier Online provides current and aspiring teachers the opportunity to earn a Masters in Teaching and learn how to become a teacher. Outside of work Sarah enjoys running, reading and Pinkberry frozen yogurt.
Cucumbers, formally called Cucumis sativus, are one of the most popular vegetables farmed in the world. They belong to the same family as melons and squash. On average, they grow up to 12 inches. However, there are some types of cucumbers that can grow up to 20 inches. Read more
Wheat kernel is basically consists of wheat germ. The term germ means Germination. The wheat germ offer nutrients, omega fatty acid and vitamin E. It is also a source of fiber and protein.
Wheat germ is generally found in medical food stores. The little nugget comes in three types such as, fresh, roasted and as oil. The wheat germ is widely considered beneficial for skin and hair because of the presence of vitamin E. This powerful antioxidant naturally protects skin cells from dangerous ultra-violate ray and cruel environmental stress. Read more
Udon noodles are an intrinsic part of Japanese cuisine since 9th century. It is a very common meal in Japan which is now extended to rest of the world also.
Udon noodles are thick noodles made of wheat flour which are often coupled with other food items to make different types of dishes.
Health Benefits of Udon Noodles
Source - sifu_renka
- Udon noodles are a healthier choice than other types of noodles because they have less salt, provide more nutrition and thus are more nourishing for the body.
- They are easy to digest because of their softness. Many laboratory experiments have concluded that udon noodles dissolve much faster than other pastas and also three times faster than beef.
- Udon noodles’ nutritional value is similar as that of pasta and thus can easily form a part of your healthy diet plan.
- A 2 oz. serving of plain udon noodles results into an intake of around 80 calories only. However this calorie count tends to increase when these noodles are prepared with other food stuffs. Besides, this calorie count also varies with the type of flour which has been used for making the udon noodles- wheat, corn, etc. But the least calories are found in the wheat udon noodles.
- Udon noodles generate such heat in the body which lasts longer as compared to other noodles. That’s why it is a favorite food of Japanese in winters.
- These noodles can also be eaten with soup, stews, vegetables, etc. thus increasing the overall benefits. Also it enables us to stay away from boredom of eating a same dish again and again as many new dishes can be tried with udon noodles.
- The basic ingredient of udon noodles is wheat; thus it is a potential source of carbohydrates. You can get up to 40 grams of carbohydrates from just 2 oz. serving of udon noodles, which is about 15 percent of the carbohydrate needed by your body daily. Carbohydrates are needed by the human body for sustained energy.
- The glycemic index of plain udon noodles is 62; thus providing a better blood sugar control.
- Udon noodles are helpful for those who do not want to put on weight as they help you to maintain a healthy weight. Thus it can also be enjoyed by those people who follow a strict diet. And girls will no longer have to worry about their weight while having the meal.
- They also reduce the chances of chronic heart diseases and diabetes and so can be enjoyed by heart patients also.
- Udon noodles contain a very limited quantity of fat; and no saturated fats. Saturated fats are a main reason of the increase in cholesterol level but there is only 1 gram fat and 0 gram saturated fat in one 2 oz. serving of udon noodles. Wow! That’s something amazing- no saturated fats at all. Thus this food is absolutely cholesterol free.
- These noodles also provide you with rich protein content. You get about 7 grams of protein from a 2 oz. serving of dry udon noodles. However the quantity of amino acids is restricted but it can be covered up by eating udon noodles along with the vegetables. Also, the brown rice udon has the complementary amino acids of rice and wheat. The protein content procured from udon noodles is of high quality too.
- Buckwheat is a primary constituent of udon noodles and is also a rich source of iron; and thus Udon noodles when eaten with green and leafy vegetables provide you with the immense content of iron. This is so because vitamin C is required by our body to absorb iron; and vitamin C can be procured from vegetables. Thus catering the need of iron for our body. Iron is an important need of human body for healthy red blood cells.
- Due to presence of buckwheat in it, udon noodles also provide you with the minerals like sodium, choline, vitamin P, rutin, etc.
- Besides, udon noodles and green vegetables together are a potential supplier of potassium. Potassium is needed by the human body for regulating the blood pressure.
- Udon noodles are a superior and far better alternative to fast food like burgers, pizzas and fries. They not only provide various minerals and nutrients required for proper growth and development of human brain and body; but are also delicious and tasty enough. Thus, kids will not have the problem of obesity on eating udon noodles.
Udon noodles are fast to cook and can be prepared in less time with no compromise with taste and nutritional value. For example, Udon noodles soup can be prepared in about 15 minutes. These noodles are not like other fast foods which are not safe to consume. Rather, consumption of these noodles has the positive effect on our health.