23 Health benefits of Black Tea
Black tea is a variety of tea which is more oxidized than the other forms of tea i.e. green, along and white varieties of tea. All these varieties of tea are made from the leaves of a shrub. As compared to other varieties of tea black tea has a stronger flavor has a lower content of caffeine. Even if black tea is stored for years it will still retain its flavor. This is not the case with the other varieties of tea as they lose their flavor after sometime. The leaves of black tea are mature dry and are processed in such a way that it gives a very dark color when a beverage is prepared.
Health Benefits of Black Tea
Source – chadao
Source – agirlwithtea
- Black tea prevents the clogging of arteries which is life-threatening. Thus it prevents cardiovascular diseases like heart attacks.
- At the Boston University School medical specialists found four cups of black tea in a day help a lot in improving condition of patients who have cardiovascular diseases.
- Black tea also inhibits the growth of cancer which is the most deadly disease in the world. Black tea contains certain chemicals which strongly decrease the growth of cancer in the body.
- Black tea contains TF2 which is an anti-cancer compound and it suppresses Cox2 gene. Cox 2 gene is responsible for inflammation.
- Black tea has a high content of anti-oxidants. Anti-oxidants prevent the damage caused by free radicals. These free radicals can cause numerous diseases.
- It is also believed that black tea delays the process of ageing to certain extent.
- Many creams and lotions are prepared with the extract of the tea. These lotions help to retain the young look of the skin.
- Black tea also helps in burning fat. So for those who are trying to lose weight it is an excellent drink. Along with having black tea if you exercise regularly then you will see tremendous improvement in the rate at which you lose weight.
- It also increases the rate of metabolism.
- There are two types of cholesterol in human body: good cholesterol and bad cholesterol. Black tea helps in reducing the level of bad cholesterol in the body and increasing the good cholesterol level.
- Black tea also contains fluoride. Fluoride helps in preventing tooth decay as it strengthens the tooth enamel.
- Black tea also helps in bringing the sugar level of the body. So, those with diabetes can have black tea to keep a control on their sugar level.
- Black tea also neutralizes many viruses in the body.There are many germs which cause disorders like diarrhea, pneumonia, cystitis and skin infections. Black tea helps in terminating such germs and thus protects the body from diseases caused by these germs.
- Black tea also contains Vitamin B1 (thiamine). This is a water soluble vitamin. It helps the body in utilizing carbohydrate for energy requirements of the body.Studies have also found that women who regularly drink black tea have very low chances of suffering from ovarian cancer.
- In women black tea has also been found to reduce the risk of developing stones in the kidneys.
- Black tea also hydrates the body. So, drinking a cup of black tea can help you in keeping the skin moisturized.
- Black tea also regulates the functioning of the digestive tract. So drinking black tea regularly ensures that you will not suffer with any problem related to digestion.
- Like all other teas black tea also increases the level of mental alertness.
- There are evidences which show that men who regularly consume black tea have almost 27% lower chances of developing lung cancer.
- Black tea also contains high levels of magnesium. Magnesium is a mineral which is not soluble in water and it helps in keeping the teeth and the bones healthy.
- Magnesium also helps in reducing the severity of asthma. So drinking black tea is very beneficial for people who suffer from asthma.
- Black tea is also very beneficial for those who suffer from arthritis. There are evidences which show that black tea acts as a soother for those who have arthritis.
- Black tea also reduces the chances of developing Parkinson’s disease.
Having about 3 to 5 cups of black tea in a day proves to be very helpful. Studies have found out that mixing of milk in black tea reduces the benefits if the tea. Experts suggest that one should not have the tea with either milk or sugar. Black tea has several health benefits. With regular exercise and a proper diet along with 3 to 5 cups of black tea daily you can prevent your body from developing many diseases. But it is very important that you prepare it in the correct manner.
There are some ingredients in certain kinds of teas which are not advised during pregnancy. At the first place, caffeine can turn out to be harmful for the kid during the pregnancy period. Hence, one should consume Black tea and those of you who are looking for an answer to how to get pregnant fast must know the health benefits of black tea during pregnancy.
About the Guest Blogger – Anu has written a lot of informative pregnancy health articles on gettingpregnantinfo.com which assure to give 100% success results. Explore them all if you are looking for reliable solutions.