In regular life, the day starts with a bucket load of work with hardly enough time, which so not justifies the health demands.
If you are one of those that have to get ready in record time and go to your office or business because an urgent meeting can’t wait, then you know how little one has in terms of choices. And yet, healthy choices have to be made, as in the case of a poor health, the last thing you would want to do, is to miss out on a valuable meeting. Read more
Gaining weight is so easy, just being undisciplined in your lifestyle will end you up having a lot of extra weight in a very short span of time.
All you have to do is eat, sleep and ignore work. And suddenly you will see love handles, double chin and tight pants. In short, a messed up life with perhaps knee pain and other overweight symptoms.
Now, when it comes to losing your weight, you will have to do a lot of things. Firstly, control that eating, supplement exercise and other stuff, incorporate zero calories diet and other weight loss ideas like portion control etc. that are mostly not fun. And then you will see results, but it is slow and it will take time.
Here, in this article, we are going to discuss some of the easy weight loss tips.
Source - 48072865@N03
1) Self-control – Weight loss starts with self control. There is never a true need to shut down a particular habit of you which is known to be connected to your weight gain condition. Just have some self control and don’t overdo it. Learn to draw the line and things will be mostly under your control. Eat that junk food if it so matters to you, but in moderation and similarly exercise as much as you wish but keep it steady. Get some discipline in your life and at the end of the day, maintain a small notepad and write down the good things you did and the not-so-good things related to your weight loss targets. Slowly, keep doing the good things like diet and exercise and keep removing the bad ones like junk food and soft drinks.
2) Portion control – I like this concept, here you do not have to stop eating your favourite snacks and other tasty foods but simply lower the amount by taking up small amounts of such foods. Use smaller plates, take small servings and eat less, keep the rest for the next day.
3) Join a Weight loss group – You are surely not the only one overweight around? Look for a group of weight loss enthusiasts in your local area. Then join that group and take part in the weight loss activities that group provides. This way you can see what others are doing and what is working for them and what not. Also, working alongside others who are in a similar condition helps a lot, keeps you motivated and you learn other methods and see the results in real time.
4) Start Gym – Going to gym helps in many ways, one of them is consistency. It is always hard to self-discipline yourself at home. You might do some exercise at home for a few days but then you will get busy with life and forget your fitness routine. On the other hand gym provides a regularity of exercise. You go to gym every day or whatever the schedule you get and stick to it. Remember, it is about consistency that will deliver the results.
5) Do your home based work – This is a different kind of home work, it is known as your regular domestic work at home. Yes, you guessed it right. Clean your home and other related work that you have been either postponing or perhaps you are planning to hire someone to get it done. This is going to save you money and shed some pounds, so why not do it yourself? Clean your garage, sweep that roof, get rid of some cobwebs in the basement and perhaps paint your fence. If you have a garden, perhaps you can get started with it too. Gardening is a great activity, keeps you occupied and contributes a lot in weight loss.
There are no ends to weight loss tips and methods as everyone has something of their own. In short, if your diet is under control and your daily activity is good, then overall you are on the right track to lose weight. Take smaller measures every day, try taking that stair instead of that elevator, quit that tasty junk food for some healthy broccoli or drink plain drinking water instead of that unhealthy soft drink. Small measures and consistency will help you reach your weight loss targets in time.
About the Guest Blogger – Guest blogger is a weight loss enthusiast and suggests you to make proper weight loss strategies and recomends Diet Pill Universe. Look for long term results and lead a healthy life.
You may not believe it, but your diet can seriously affect how much pleasure you get out of life.
I’ll say that again. What you eat affects your mood.
The science behind the claim
There are chemicals in the brain called neurotransmitters which pass on information between parts of the brain. One of the most important neurotransmitters for transmitting pleasure, motivation and excitement is dopamine.
Dopamine also helps to control motor functions, hormone regulation, the immune system, and blood circulation, so it is essential to our general well-being. A low level of dopamine can cause a number of medical and psychological problems including lack of motivation, anhedonia (loss of feelings of pleasure), fatigue, bad circulation, weight gain, apathy and depression. Dopamine deficiency is sometimes treated with anti depressants, which may in themselves cause further problems including manic phases, suicidal thoughts, sleeplessness or drowsiness.
However, there is an alternative. Studies have shown that some foods are dopaminergic, in other words they increase the levels of dopamine in our system. So besides a generally healthy diet, there are specific foods you can eat which will increase your mood because they increase the levels of dopamine.
Food for your mood
Source – thevortext
To increase your mood, you should focus on foods from ALL of the following groups. If you only focus on foods from one group, it could be detrimental to your health, and it will also make your diet extremely boring.
1. Dopaminergic foods – Foods which contain high levels of tyrosine are dopaminergic. These include soy products such as miso, tempeh, natto and fuyu, as well as products such as avocados, almonds, spirulina and organic eggs and dairy.
2. Whole foods – Whole grains such as whole wheat, barley, oats etc. These are much better for you than refined grains. If you eat bread or cereal for example, check that the grains used are whole grain. Also, use unrefined, whole rice and pasta. It should say on the packaging if the product is made from whole grain. Manufacturers are starting to realize the importance of whole grains now so tend to advertise this fact more.
3. Fruit and vegetables – These are really important in a diet. Try to include a wide variety of fruit and vegetables in your diet, and buy organic where possible. Organic products will not have used any harmful chemicals in the growing or production process so are generally much better for you.
Fruit and vegetables are rich in fiber, and also in vitamins. It is important to remember that many nutrients can disappear if you overcook them so try and eat raw or lightly steamed vegetables rather than ones which have been cooked for a long time.
4. Protein – Everyone needs protein in their diet, but not everyone wants to eat meat. There are other sources of protein available which are also mood enhancing foods, such as lentils and beans. If you are unsure what to do with these, then there is a vast range of recipes on-line for you to try.
5. Supplements – There are some supplements which specifically treat low dopamine levels, such as L tyrosine, Mucuna pruriens, Rhodiola and Green Tea. Omega 3 fats are also needed by the body to produce neurotransmitters. One popular way to get Omega 3 is in fish oils, but it can be taken as a supplement if you don’t get enough Omega 3 in your natural diet, or you don’t want to eat fish.
Other ways to improve your mood
Besides a healthy diet, one of the most important ways to improve your mood and increase the amount of pleasure you can get from life, is by exercising.
Exercise releases a chemical similar to dopamine, and this is why people often feel on such a “high” when they’ve been to the gym or participated in sport or exercise.
There are so many different exercise programs available but I personally found that the p90x DVDs were fantastic. I couldn’t believe how good I felt afterwards. And with my healthy diet, I’ve noticed a difference physically as well as mentally.
Of course if you are going to invest in exercise equipment to use with an exercise program then you want to make sure you are getting the most suitable equipment. I looked at a few adjustable dumbbell reviews to find the most suitable ones to use with the DVDs in my home gym, and was really pleased with what I got.
Relaxation is also very important to keep yourself on an even level mentally and physically, and it shouldn’t be neglected. Whether you take time out to have a long hot bath with candles and soft music, or whether you meditate, paint, or cook to relax, you should take time out every day to forget whatever troubles you have.
I hope this article has given you some good advice, and that you can help yourself to enjoy life a little more. After all, life is there to be enjoyed, and always remember the old saying: “variety is the spice of life, and the mother of enjoyment”, keep a broad mind for new experiences too.
Have you got any tips to share?
About the Guest Blogger -Derek Carroll has his own website at wise-buyers.com, where he offers reviews of health and fitness products like the P90X schedule and the popular Bowflex Selecttech dumbbells. He lives with his wife and two kids in Northern Ireland where he enjoys listening to music and finding everything positive that life can offer.
Are you looking for a diet that’s easy to use and offers a variety of health benefits? Do you want a way to lose a few pounds without feeling deprived? Do you enjoy raw or fresh, simply-prepared foods? Perhaps the Paleo Diet is for you. Read more
Eggs have gotten a bad rap over the last few decades. Thanks to a fear of cholesterol, we’ve often been warned not to eat too many eggs, especially quail eggs.
However, more research into cholesterol has shown that not all cholesterol is bad: some cholesterol types can actually help the body and can lead to better health. Read more
Who loves fruits? I know a lot of us do. Mangoes, bananas, and strawberries are just some of the most common fruits we enjoy. That’s why it’s time to extend your palette to other kinds of fruits. An uncommon fruit that you should try to sink your teeth in is the dragon fruit. Read more
On a diet? You may have noticed that not all foods are created equal. While most diets have you counting every calorie that you take in, the fact is that some foods, despite having the same number of calories, are completely different in the amount of nutrients they provide your body. Read more
A new study from the University of Utah reported that the size of your fork can determine how much you eat at meal time. Unlike other studies that link food consumption to the size of your plate, this research shows that using a larger fork actually caused people to eat less. Read more
Illnesses and disease, they are common in every society and can literally be seen on nearly every road bend and street corner. Although illness is unpreventable, there are some societies that have higher commonality with certain illnesses over other ones. Major countries in the world; such as the United States, France, Russia, Germany, England, and even Canada; share the same illness type which affects their respective society: Read more
Trying to stick to eating healthy on a daily basis can be a hard task especially when your life is full of events and activities for yourself and your family. In order to save time, many of us find ourselves stopping at fast food restaurants to purchase food for the family. However, the good news is that you can still make healthy food choices while eating on the run. Here are five tips to keep you on the right healthy track. Read more