Losing weight is one of the most common problems of every individual especially to women. But the thing is, there is no shortcut in it instead you have to work it out and make a few changes in your lifestyle.
However, here are some simple tips on how to lose weight.
1. Calculate your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR). It is the computation wherein how much calories you need to be able to maintain your current weight. You can find it online for free computation or might as well consult a nutritionist for accurate calculations.
2. Burn calories and fats, perform daily exercise. You can do walking, jogging, swimming and yoga exercises depending on your age and weight. For beginners, you can spend at least 15 -30 minutes of exercises daily until your body is ready for longer stamina, you can spend 45 minutes to 1 hour of workout.
3. Keep tracking what you eat and do not skip breakfast because it is the most important meal. Spend less on eating junk foods and fast food products like burgers, pizzas, fries and instant meals. You need to sacrifice this kind of lifestyle in order to lose weight. You need to eat 3500 less calories or you need to spend more workouts to create calorie deficit.
4. Give up carbonated drinks. Replace it with fresh fruit juices, tea and water. Fresh fruit juices contain vitamins and minerals. Tea is also proven that it is good for overall health and effective in losing weight naturally. Drinking 8 glasses of water is also great for losing weight because it flushes out unwanted fats out of your cells.
5. Eat more fruits and vegetables. It cannot be denied that fruits and vegetables are highly rich in nutrition and it gives you fiber which is helpful in maintaining your health. Use fruits and vegetables to control your appetite besides it also gives you loads of vitamins and minerals.
6. Skip snacks. A lot of people don’t know that taking snacks between meals is a major cause in gaining weight. Eating potato chips, sandwiches and biscuits are just one of a few that causes weight gain. So replace it with a tea or fruits.
7. Beware of sugar and sweets. You have to minimize your sugar intake or use sugar free products. Avoid also fried and oily foods.
8. You need to limit your sodium intake also. As much as possible, avoid salty foods because taking excess sodium will give water retention into your body.
9. Keep an eye on your daily activities. Remove stress and work pressure. Follow your 6 – 8 sleeping habits and avoid sleeping late at night then waking up late at morning.
10. Lastly, be natural. Instead of using elevators when going to work, use stairways to burn fats and calories. Limit yourself using machines. Instead of sitting down playing computer games, go out and do sports activities. Do physical movements.
These are just simple guide in losing your weight but great weapon of reducing and maintaining your desired weight is discipline and patience.
About the Guest Author – Dannah Dutchy is a contributor of a health and lifestyle website. She is a writer of tips and how to’s articles in several sites like Getchia.com. Providing helpful health related information to readers is her ultimate goal. She also provides contents on different types of human diseases and its medical solutions.
Who loves fruits? I know a lot of us do. Mangoes, bananas, and strawberries are just some of the most common fruits we enjoy. That’s why it’s time to extend your palette to other kinds of fruits. An uncommon fruit that you should try to sink your teeth in is the dragon fruit. Read more
On a diet? You may have noticed that not all foods are created equal. While most diets have you counting every calorie that you take in, the fact is that some foods, despite having the same number of calories, are completely different in the amount of nutrients they provide your body. Read more
A new study from the University of Utah reported that the size of your fork can determine how much you eat at meal time. Unlike other studies that link food consumption to the size of your plate, this research shows that using a larger fork actually caused people to eat less. Read more
Take a good look at some of the pictures you can find of body builders from decades past. Perhaps from back in the 1940s and 50s, and it’s plain to see that there was something lacking back then compared to the today’s bodybuilders. Is it better equipment today, or perhaps more knowledge and information? The answer to that question is a simple no. What we have today that they didn’t have back then are weight lifting supplements, and the granddaddy of them all is anabolic steroids. Read more
Since the HCG diet is a rather unconventional dietary trend, a lot of people are rightly confused about it. Is it safe to exercise while on the HCG diet? If so how much exercise should I do? What kinds of exercises are preferable and which are the ones I should avoid? These are some of the nagging questions on most dieter’s minds before they participate in the HCG program. Read more
For most of us, the onset of our prime brings along with it many changes. Among those challenges are getting generally flabby and acquiring unwanted body fat which tends to accumulate over time. This is an inevitable reality as the human physiology being that the human body’s metabolism slows with age. Read more
Truth be told, you are not alone if you would kill to have a waist like Scarlett O’Hara’s. Women all over the world are fighting tooth and nail just to discover what it takes to achieve that whistle-bait waist. We try our hardest to catch that elusive weight loss genie, but our efforts seem to always be in vain. Read more
Scientists have recently discovered that part of the reason Americans are gaining weight so rapidly is because of a food additive that increases our tendency to put on pounds. Endocrine disrupting chemicals, also known as EDCs, are in many of the foods that are sold in the United States. Research has shown that EDCs actually promote obesity when consumed regularly. Read more
You may have heard about various fast weight loss pills to drop your extra weight, in few weeks. The reality is that most of these pills actually don’t work. The pills and drugs that actually lose weight have severe side effects on your body. The vital organs of your body like liver, heart, lungs and kidneys are damaged by the use of these fast weight loss pills. That is why almost all physicians don’t recommend the use of pills and drugs to lose weight fast. Read more