Cucumbers, formally called Cucumis sativus, are one of the most popular vegetables farmed in the world. They belong to the same family as melons and squash. On average, they grow up to 12 inches. However, there are some types of cucumbers that can grow up to 20 inches. Read more
Gaining weight is so easy, just being undisciplined in your lifestyle will end you up having a lot of extra weight in a very short span of time.
All you have to do is eat, sleep and ignore work. And suddenly you will see love handles, double chin and tight pants. In short, a messed up life with perhaps knee pain and other overweight symptoms.
Now, when it comes to losing your weight, you will have to do a lot of things. Firstly, control that eating, supplement exercise and other stuff, incorporate zero calories diet and other weight loss ideas like portion control etc. that are mostly not fun. And then you will see results, but it is slow and it will take time.
Here, in this article, we are going to discuss some of the easy weight loss tips.
Source - 48072865@N03
1) Self-control – Weight loss starts with self control. There is never a true need to shut down a particular habit of you which is known to be connected to your weight gain condition. Just have some self control and don’t overdo it. Learn to draw the line and things will be mostly under your control. Eat that junk food if it so matters to you, but in moderation and similarly exercise as much as you wish but keep it steady. Get some discipline in your life and at the end of the day, maintain a small notepad and write down the good things you did and the not-so-good things related to your weight loss targets. Slowly, keep doing the good things like diet and exercise and keep removing the bad ones like junk food and soft drinks.
2) Portion control – I like this concept, here you do not have to stop eating your favourite snacks and other tasty foods but simply lower the amount by taking up small amounts of such foods. Use smaller plates, take small servings and eat less, keep the rest for the next day.
3) Join a Weight loss group – You are surely not the only one overweight around? Look for a group of weight loss enthusiasts in your local area. Then join that group and take part in the weight loss activities that group provides. This way you can see what others are doing and what is working for them and what not. Also, working alongside others who are in a similar condition helps a lot, keeps you motivated and you learn other methods and see the results in real time.
4) Start Gym – Going to gym helps in many ways, one of them is consistency. It is always hard to self-discipline yourself at home. You might do some exercise at home for a few days but then you will get busy with life and forget your fitness routine. On the other hand gym provides a regularity of exercise. You go to gym every day or whatever the schedule you get and stick to it. Remember, it is about consistency that will deliver the results.
5) Do your home based work – This is a different kind of home work, it is known as your regular domestic work at home. Yes, you guessed it right. Clean your home and other related work that you have been either postponing or perhaps you are planning to hire someone to get it done. This is going to save you money and shed some pounds, so why not do it yourself? Clean your garage, sweep that roof, get rid of some cobwebs in the basement and perhaps paint your fence. If you have a garden, perhaps you can get started with it too. Gardening is a great activity, keeps you occupied and contributes a lot in weight loss.
There are no ends to weight loss tips and methods as everyone has something of their own. In short, if your diet is under control and your daily activity is good, then overall you are on the right track to lose weight. Take smaller measures every day, try taking that stair instead of that elevator, quit that tasty junk food for some healthy broccoli or drink plain drinking water instead of that unhealthy soft drink. Small measures and consistency will help you reach your weight loss targets in time.
About the Guest Blogger – Guest blogger is a weight loss enthusiast and suggests you to make proper weight loss strategies and recomends Diet Pill Universe. Look for long term results and lead a healthy life.
A new study came up with a surprising health benefit of sleep. Now you can sleep your way to your weight loss success.
The genetic problem regarding weight loss is one of those unfair things that so many overweight and obese people have to deal with. Even if you are not eating enough, your gene will make sure to keep you fat!
Not anymore. This new cool study done on identical twins came up with surprising results. Those that were taking more than 9 hours sleep during the night time were less fat.
Source – eraphernalia_vintage
Why identical twins? Identical twins have similar genetics. So basically, any change that occurs will be due to environmental factors.
This way, the researchers find out the reasons, other than the genes that are responsible for a particular problem. In this case, it is the weight gain.
The study was done on identical twins and non-identical twins. The identical once share the same gene and this difference in sleep time was a major factor in the weight gain or loss in the twins compared to the non-identical ones. Those that got more sleep, that is over 9 hours a night sleep, showed less weight gain. Thus it is known that if you get more sleep then the genes that are supposed to make you over weight, fails to do so.
Apart from this, sleep helps in weight loss in many more ways. Imagine you are a night guy, that is, one that sleeps late in the night. What do you do, apart from watching TV or wasting time on your computer? You eat! Munching on snacks in the night time does sound like a great idea, but it contributes to a major weight gain in the process. Now if you were sleeping tight for hours it would had been a different case.
Anyway, here are a few quick health benefits of sleep, just to let you know that it is not just the weight loss that you should be thinking about. Sleeping has other health benefits too.
Top 5 Health Benefits of Sleep
Live Longer – We have discussed this in the past. A good 8 to 10 hours of night time sleeping can help you to live past 100 years.
Heart Health – Sleeping enough keeps your blood pressure under control and thus improves your heart’s health.
Improves memory – Sleep and dream helps in improving your memory.
Damage Repair – Sleep helps in the repair of your body.
Keeps you alert – Sleep refreshes you and thus you stay more alert.
So, in short, if you sleep more, the obesity gene is somehow suppressed, and it does not contributor to your weight gain, and less sleep means that your obesity gene is going to work over time, thus making you overweight or obese.
Am already feeling sleepy, what about you?
Who loves fruits? I know a lot of us do. Mangoes, bananas, and strawberries are just some of the most common fruits we enjoy. That’s why it’s time to extend your palette to other kinds of fruits. An uncommon fruit that you should try to sink your teeth in is the dragon fruit. Read more
A new study from the University of Utah reported that the size of your fork can determine how much you eat at meal time. Unlike other studies that link food consumption to the size of your plate, this research shows that using a larger fork actually caused people to eat less. Read more
Loosing weight is a common goal for many people and sometimes the foods required in dieting are not very appealing. Everyone knows about fruits and vegetables being healthy for you, as well as foods that have a lot of protein, for example, nuts, eggs, and meats. The lists go on and on about what is healthy and what is not. Listing off the amount you should take in and when you should eat, it is a complicated process. Read more
We all know that sleep is good for us. We’ve all had that great feeling after a good night’s sleep, and that awful feeling after a sleepless night. But does everyone actually know what sleep does for our bodies? A lack of sleep, even if it doesn’t affect you now, will have a negative impact on your health in the long run. The number of health problems associated with sleep problems is countless, but here are a few that will hopefully change your mind about staying up late tonight: Read more
Take a good look at some of the pictures you can find of body builders from decades past. Perhaps from back in the 1940s and 50s, and it’s plain to see that there was something lacking back then compared to the today’s bodybuilders. Is it better equipment today, or perhaps more knowledge and information? The answer to that question is a simple no. What we have today that they didn’t have back then are weight lifting supplements, and the granddaddy of them all is anabolic steroids. Read more
In modern society, the pressure to lose weight affects almost everyone. Magazines, adverts and movies alike all feature slender and toned men and women alike and as a result both men and women have to deal with pressure to look just as good and perfect. However, it is very difficult to lose weight, especially for those who lead a busy lifestyle and have little time for exercise or healthy eating. It is for this reason that the internet advertises many products that all claim to be able to produce extreme weight loss effects and dramatically toned bodies within a short period of time. Read more
Something special happens when you can take a solution for one medical condition and apply it to help heal another one. There is a simplicity and beauty in being able to use the same medicine for two different causes. Each year there are more incidences of diabetes and obesity and these diseases threaten young and old alike. However in Great Britain there are now plans to take a tried and trusted diabetic drug and use it help reduce obesity in children. Read more